Screenscribbler

Saturday 11 June 2011

Two rejections in one week.

Ushabti came back from an agent this week and Fairfax came back from the Beeb. I did however receive positive feedback and really useful criticism from both the agent and the BBC, so I'm not unhappy at all.

I'm going to adapt Ushabti for the theatre. One director has already seen the script and thinks it would work on the stage. It will mean my script will have a number 1 haircut, so that I would only need one set and three actors. I want to adapt Henley's Ricotta as a stage play too and again that would be one set and three actors.

Fairfax, also needs a rewrite, perhaps a little less clichéd and exposition, but I still maintain it would be best as a radio play. I will have a look what's going out on Radio 7 and find producers to target.

Midnight is just a project which will have to go on the back burner for now. With the feedback I have been given, I would be foolish not to put it to  good use.

Thank you Blogger for the new mobile phone widget. My site looks really neat on my phone now that it fits perfectly.

5 comments:

  1. Positively perfect widget .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Positive feedback is always good whether it involves a rejection or not. You sounds as though you know exactly where you are going with both manuscripts.Good luck with them and let us know how you get on :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the encouragement Deborah. I'll keep you posted.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi John, it is Michael from work. I finally set up a blog! However I am yet to think of anything creative enough to post. Just wanted to say hello!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome Michael :-) Don't worry about creativity on this site, hello is fine by me. A post from me is well overdue. Should get something up before the end of the week.

    ReplyDelete