Screenscribbler

Monday 9 May 2011

Another grand day out.

I have been on my travels again this weekend and this time I went to a TV screenwriters event at De Montfort  University Leicester. An excellent day with successful writers and producers giving us an insight on how to apply good structured  drama that suits the needs of today's broadcasting market.
The event was entitled 'Elements of Drama' with guest speakers covering the core elements of a drama series, the 'Drama Landscape' points towards the current commissioners and developing executives at the centre of drama commissioning, horror writing, and sit-com writing. With lunch and drinks available at the end of the day there was plenty of opportunity to network and speak to the people who know.
Watch out for this event next year. Its not to be missed I assure you.
I've had to put 'Midnight at the Alhambra' on the back burner for a while for two reasons.
The day job has been rather hectic lately, and I've written a final draft of Ushabti and submitted to an agent.
Only one agent? Yes well its a start.
I'm off on my hols this coming weekend for two weeks. I might just send this blog a postcard.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a fantastic time at the event - any opportunity to learn and network and just meet fellow writers is always a very good idea. And lunch provided too, well. What more could you ask for?
    Nari X

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Nari, sounds a great idea John. :-)

    ReplyDelete